
Yum!! Lately I have been experimental in the kitchen! Since I have moved, my resolution is to make healthier dinners and to overall eat healthier. Anyone who knows me will say that I am a VERY picky eater. I do not eat/like many vegetables or fruits. A few weeks ago when Kristin was staying with me here in VA, we stopped by a local Target. I was really thirsty and instead of ordering a Slurpee, I ordered a strawberry smoothie- a little out of my comfort zone! Delicious!! The next week, Chad and I went grocery shopping. I saw a frozen bag of mixed fruit for smoothies. Hmmmmm... there were some weird looking fruit inside the bag. Strawberries, Mangos, and Pineapples. I bought the bag hoping I would not be wasting what was inside. One day when Chad was busy, I made a smoothie. My first! It was so YUMMY! Today, I decided I wanted to make a smoothie with fresh fruit (since it is better for you than frozen fruit). So delicious!! I am super proud of myself for eating fruit!!! So here is my special recipe:
Meg's Fruity Smoothie
Crushed ice
A few splashes of Orange Juice
Handful of Rasberries
5 Strawberries
A squirt or 2 of honey (1 Tbsp)
Sprinkle of sugar (1 tsp)
BLEND TOGETHER
*** ENJOY ***

Try Panera's strawberry smoothie sometime...yummy
ReplyDelete