

day 37- October 4, 2009
my halloween fashionistas
On Sunday, after all the household chores, I decided to head to the craft store to see what I could make for the pups to where for Halloween! Of course, they cannot fit into any pet costumes around. So instead, I wanted to make them Halloween bandannas to wear. Now, I am not big on sowing AT ALL! My mother on the other hand is amazing at sewing. I needed to buy enough fabric to make them each an extra large bandanna and then pom pom trim to go around the edges. I was on the phone with my mother back and forth trying to figure out how much of everything I needed. Once everything was bought, I came home and got started. I began sewing and I realized that it was going to take FOREVER!!! Especially without a sewing machine. Heat n' Bond is my new best friend! I finished the bandannas in about an hour and they are adorable! Yeah... I may have taken the easy way out, but really how many times will they wear a Halloween bandanna??

CUTE! I am also terrible at sewing. Josh got me a sewing machine because I really want to learn...it is awful! The machine jams all of the time, not because it isn't a good one, but because there are so many dials and knobs that I just guess where they need to be and go for it. I really spend more time unjaming the thing then sewing anything. My go to is the hot glue gun! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSame here Katie! I am horrible at sewing!!
ReplyDelete