Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mommy's Simple Pleasures



Yesterday we went to Target to pick up a few things. Weston started getting antsy and wanted to get out of his car seat. We headed for the toy aisle and ended up playing with the baby toys for about a half hour!! I actually had fun. Weston was loving it and I was out of the house! Geez... just a few months ago I would never have thought that going to Target would be my fun day out!! That was our highlight of the day!

Now that I am a Mommy, the craziest things will make me happy (like that trip to Target). Also, this makeshift bib (a tea towel with a clothespin). BRILLIANT! Weston is the most slobbery/ "spit uppy" kid. We go through about 10 bibs a day. I bought some plastic big bibs for mealtime and a lot of the food that misses (or comes back out of) his mouth will go down the opening of the bib by his neck. So for now on maybe I will use tea towels. I had a pile to give to the Goodwill back at out C'ville home.... not anymore!

Tea towel bib.... LOVE!


Oh and look how blonde. Looks like he is getting more hair too!

Another thing that made me CRAZY HAPPY today was finding a babysitter!! Wahooooooo! I called my old neighbors in Fallston to tell them we are moving back home in August (OH yes... by the way if you have not heard we are NOT going to NYC. Chad accepted a job in Baltimore. Totally last minute, but worked out for the best! Meant to be. We are so excited and just CANNOT wait to get back into our old house). Anyway... we did a lot of catching up. I told her all about Weston and she said that her daughter is a great babysitter and would love to watch Weston! It works out just perfectly because she is RIGHT next door and can walk over. So convenient!! So happy. I was so excited that when I hung up with her I had to call people to tell them I now have a babysitter. How dorky is that?

1 more thing that made my day.... a sleeping baby. I know I shouldn't but I held him while he slept for his afternoon nap. This cannot be a routine or I will be in BIG trouble!

2 comments:

  1. Okay this is crazy...my husband is from FALLSTON! When I saw it written in your blog I couldn't believe that's where you are from too. We are going there tomorrow to my in-laws for Father's Day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to get out of the house one day go to IKEA in White Marsh. In the kid section there are smocks and I believe it is two for $5. They are perfect for keeping there arms and clothes clean! I love them!! Unfortunately they dont come in a bunch of colors just blue and red but you will love them!
    Diane K

    ReplyDelete