The other day, I decided it would be fun to make gingerbread houses with my class! I kept thinking of way to make it a little easier so it would not turn out a disaster! I did not have time to save used milk cartons, so that was out of the question. Chad told me that his mom would hot glue the graham crackers together and then they would put everything else on with icing. So I decided this would be the easiest. The night before school, I put together 11 gingerbread houses. (I did not think about transporting all these houses. That was a dilemma later the next morning!) Then, I woke up at 5 in the morning to make 11 bags of icing for them! (What a dedicated teacher I am! ha ha!) They turned out SO cute and the kids had a great time. I remember when I was little, my gingerbread house would always fall apart.. this did not happen! Yay! Thank you hot glue gun!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Gingerbread House Fun!
The other day, I decided it would be fun to make gingerbread houses with my class! I kept thinking of way to make it a little easier so it would not turn out a disaster! I did not have time to save used milk cartons, so that was out of the question. Chad told me that his mom would hot glue the graham crackers together and then they would put everything else on with icing. So I decided this would be the easiest. The night before school, I put together 11 gingerbread houses. (I did not think about transporting all these houses. That was a dilemma later the next morning!) Then, I woke up at 5 in the morning to make 11 bags of icing for them! (What a dedicated teacher I am! ha ha!) They turned out SO cute and the kids had a great time. I remember when I was little, my gingerbread house would always fall apart.. this did not happen! Yay! Thank you hot glue gun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment