Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Routine

Chad and I finally feel like we are getting in some sort of a routine with Weston! Every morning closest to his 7am feeding, I hop in the shower. I am always afraid if I don’t shower in the morning, I may not get another chance to! Then, I eat breakfast and organize the first floor from the night before. Usually by the end of the day our family room looks like a tornado went through it! At this time, Weston is hopefully sleeping. Then after his next feeding, he is usually ready to play. We can lay him on his play mat and he is good to go for a while. He makes all kinds of noises. We think he is trying to find his voice.
The middle of the day is mostly eating, pooping, and sleeping. Chad and I TRY to get Weston in bed right after his feeding that is closest to 9pm. Somehow he knows and decides to stay awake the whole time until his next feeding 2-3 hours later. By then, he usually sleeps for a good 2-4 hours after that. We decided to start letting Weston sleep longer during the night and not wake him for a feeding until he wakes himself up. Last night was the longest stretch of time Weston slept- 4 hours. It was the first time I was able to sleep for 3 hours in a row! It felt great! Middle of the night feedings are so much better now that Chad got a remote for our t.v. Over the summer, I took our bedroom t.v. to Maryland with me and somehow I lost the remote. Just the other day, Chad bought and programmed a new remote! Thank goodness.
Weston is growing so much each day. Chad and I have learned so much about babies and being parents. We cannot help but just stare at him for hours. He is just so adorable.
Weston always has his hands in his face when he is sleeping.
Again, Weston LOVES his play mat!


Weston and mommy. I look a little tired!

2 comments:

  1. this brings back memories...
    I think you must be a morning person like me...I am constantly cleaning the house up in the morning - still! Weston's schedule reminds me a lot of Toby's. Jayden was a little more of an early bird. I love his hands in his face! I can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! And you look awsome...not tired. I love Westons hands on his face!!!!Getting into a routine can be so hard sometimes, I am glad things are starting to settle down.
    I can not belive you have been waking him up Megan...lol! I never ever wake a sleeping baby..lol! Well, not at night anyways. Mara has the same type of schedual and Lily had the same one too.

    ReplyDelete