Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Stay at Home Mama- 1st Day!

Today was my first day by myself with Weston! I was a little nervous… not that I was afraid to be with Weston by myself, but was afraid that I was going to be super bored! Ha. What was I thinking? Weston keeps me on my toes all day long! This is what our day looked like today:

6am- Mommy showered, ate breakfast, fed the pups

7am- Fed Weston

8am-10am- Weston played and played. 9am- fed Weston. I tried getting him to take a nap on his own without me holding him. That did not happen.

10am- Weston fell asleep on me. I took a quick nap too! While Weston was sleeping in his bouncy chair, I prepared dinner for tonight- Baked Ziti with Tomato, Mozzarella, & Sausage. Mmmm… cannot wait to eat this!

12:30pm- Weston and I both ate lunch. Then, we had our first outing together! Weston was an angel. He slept the whole time!

2:30pm- Vacuumed and organized a bit while Weston slept.

3:30pm- Fed Weston. He is fast asleep now!

Now it is 5pm and Weston is still sleeping. Chad should be walking in the door in a few minutes! I think my first day as a Stay at Home Mama went well! It is funny how it is so hard to get anything accomplished with a baby! It is so worth it though. (I am just really used to being productive, so I am going to have to get used to the change.)

*I started this Sleep Patterns Chart to keep track of when Weston sleeps. Maybe this will help us create some sort of a schedule? Well, at least it will show me how many hours of sleep he is getting each day. It is so funny. I have no clue what I am doing!


Oh and this article is great! So true. Helpful tips too. (Stressed out: Life with a newborn)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything is going well. That article is so true! However, Ben's almost 5 months and it's still difficult to get things done around the house, and I still stress when I have to take him out by myself. It's getting easier, and I'm getting way more sleep than in the beginning which helps. It looks like your adjusting quite nicely to life at home with Weston. Enjoy every moment...you'll be amazed at how much he'll change in just 1 week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make that chart? Awesome

    ReplyDelete