Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

So far, so good!?


Pepper and Norma babysitting Weston as I worked on dinner.

Lately, Weston has been not wanting to sleep unless I am holding him. Sometimes I just want to pull out my hair!! Last night, Chad walked in the door as I was preparing dinner and holding Weston at the same time. Pretty talented. My arms are definitely getting stronger. Finally when Weston is asleep, I put him down and then he wakes up and starts crying. It is a constant cycle.
This morning he slept in the swing, but kept spitting out his pacifier. Ugh. I hate pacifiers. But, I also love them!! After his 2nd feeding in the morning, I put him in the bouncy. So far he has been sleeping so nicely. AND with no pacifier too!! Wahoo. We will see how long this lasts!

While he was asleep (trying to sleep) in the swing this morning, I made this Tater tot Casserole. I froze it because I forgot Chad will not be home for dinner tonight. Actually, we will not be eating it until Tuesday night. It looks pretty gross, but maybe it will be good???

Last night, I made Almond-Crusted Chicken and mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm.... it was DELICIOUS! I have never enjoyed cooking. Now that I am home with the baby, I feel like I need to be making some homemade dinners and not just heating up a Bertollis! It is pretty fun cooking. I used my chopper twice this week!! Wow. I cannot remember the last time I used that.

Click on the picture or title to see recipe!

HAPPY 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY WESTON!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh because today Mara cried ALL day unless I was holding her. She would fall asleep so I would put her down, and she would spit that darn paci out and start crying! I totally wanted to pull my hair out. I suck at doing anything one handed. I try and try but still, am just not very good at it. I feel awkward and unbalanced, and then Lily starts pulling on me. I screamed outloud at my self today because I was just so frustrated. I ended up putting on the TV for Lily and layed down on the sofa with Mara sleeping on me...my house is in shambles and dinner is NOT in sight...lol! I am proud of you getting things done. I am a big wimp : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Always looking for new things to cook. I bought myself a stand mixer and food processor in the last month to make things easier. So i need to start using them more! Will have to try this recipe. Good for you, cooking can be fun....sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that chicken looked professional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like things are really going great for you guys! Weston is a cutie and you are really playing super mom! The swing was my saving grace as far as sleeping for a long time! And I understand the pacifier frustration, I hated the pacifier game (spit it out, scream, put it back in, spit it out, scream, put it back in....) Hopefully you are as lucky as I was and he just decides one day he no longer wants anything to do with it. Glad you are doing good! Soak it up because once they become mobile, which may feel like a very long time but it is not, a whole new set of challenges arises! Can't wait to meet Weston, and see you too of course :)

    ReplyDelete