Weston playing in his Jump N' Jive while Mommy organized the kitchen!
It feels fabulous to get rid of all this stuff!! I was working like a crazy woman today decluttering some more. Will I ever be done? Probably not because I am a HUGE HOARDER! I seriously have a problem and I am trying to nip it in the bud. I pitched about 2 trash bags of clothes that I no longer wear. After organizing my closet this morning (by the way… thank you Weston for taking an awesome nap) I headed for the kitchen to tackle the cabinets and shelves. I ended up clearing off the top of my jelly cabinet that was full of stuff (tins, birdhouses, pottery). Most of that stuff went into the Goodwill box. I also got rid of more than half of my cookbooks. Really… why do I need all of those cookbooks? Most of the time, I look up recipes on the Internet anyway. I still kept quite a few, but not nearly as much as what I had. I started an area in the basement for all of this JUNK that will soon be going to the Goodwill.
So did I mention I was a hoarder? Look at all of these old ball jars. Yeah… well I just could not separate myself from them! They can be used so many different ways: flower vase, dog treat jar, candle holder, etc. When I have Weston’s Baptism party, they can be used as centerpieces with flowers in them. See! I know there is a reason to keep all of these jars. They will have to get stored at my parents’ house though… no room for them in New York!
OK. So I know I did not do so well getting rid of the jars, but I did a wonderful job donating clothes, cookbooks, and home decor today! Good Job, Me.
Another picture of Weston and his new best bud, Norma!

No comments:
Post a Comment