Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

day 15 curvy brick wall & Rotunda


day 15 September 12, 2009
curvy brick wall & Rotunda
What a beautiful day today! It was so nice to sleep in this morning. Well.... only until 8:30. Pepper needed to go to the bathroom. After running a few errands, Chad and I headed to the UVA football game. By the time we drove all the way to the parking lot, I realized we forgot my ticket! Ha ha! So we had to drive to Chad's school to print it out. 20 minutes later, we were back to the parking lot, walked 20 more minutes to another lot to tailgate. After the game as we were walking back to our car, we came across this really cool curvy brick wall. I just had to take a picture. It's pretty neat. I also HAD to take a picture of the Rotunda which is the most recognizable symbol of the University. The Rotunda was designed by Thomas Jefferson and was inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. I am also looking forward to going to Jefferson's home, the Monticello, one weekend soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment