Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

day 9 savings


day 9- September 6, 2009
savings
I must have been really tired today! I slept in until 10:30 this morning, took the dogs for an hour hike, came home and slept until 3! I felt so lazy!! I actually accomplished a few things: finished laundry, made a delicious dinner, and went grocery shopping. My goal tonight while grocery shopping was to spend no more than $80. This can be really hard. We are used to spending around $150 when we lived in MD. We realized we spent way too much money on things we really did not need. I have stopped buying prepackaged dinners like Bertollis. Man, do I miss them. So easy. So quick. After shopping at a variety of grocery stores, I found that Kroger was the cheapest. I WAS SO EXCITED to see that I only spent $65.24 tonight! Wahooo. The littlest things can get me excited! I saved $14.03 using my Kroger plus card. I also have some kind of saver rewards which you can save on your gas as well! As I was looking online, you can even download Kroger coupons onto your card for when you go shopping. Pretty cool. Maybe next time I will try that! Can't wait for Chad to get home from school tonight to tell him how much we saved! He'll be proud! Ha ha ha. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment