Day 71- November 7, 2009
couch makeover
Chad and I had all day together today! Well, most of the day. In the morning until noon, Chad was at school. After lunch, Chad and I went to JoAnn Fabrics to check out the fabric. I have been wanting to give my couch a little face lift for a while now. Since we are in a rental house, we have not painted any of the walls. This is VERY hard for me!! I LOVE color!! So I decided to bring color into the room by making pillows. So we went to the store and spent a good hour picking out fabric. Of course, I ended up with country looking fabric. The chicken fabric has a touch of vintage in it as well. (I am trying to step away from country!) I went home and got right to work! I took a break from sewing to go to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Then, I finished the pillows! I am so proud of myself. Now I have made beanbags and pillows with my new sewing machine. Hmmmm… maybe a table runner next!

No comments:
Post a Comment