
Day 73-November 9, 2009
ugh.... paint!
I have always had a hard time with painting. I love it, but it seems like whatever I do turns out wrong. I have this vision and it ends up looking bad!! So the red coffee table had to go. It just did not look right in the family room. There are many reasons why (I think): mix match furniture everywhere, the end tables are white, and it was just too red and shiny. SO I am going to try out a few things (when I feel up to painting again). Maybe it will look better after some sanding and stain (thanks Aunt Denise!!). In the meantime, I brought up a chest from the basement. This chest used to be at the end of our bed (at our Fallston house). It is one of my favorite pieces. Chad made it out of an old door we found in our barn. I love how the hardware is still on it! It is a little too tall and too long, but it will do. Oh- the best thing about the chest is that I can just throw the quilts inside without folding them!!

Would your red table look to crazy with a table runner that matches for pillows? Or you could make a table runner out of a white or cream eyelet type to dull it down...that would make it county though...and you want it to be more retro...hmmmm...you could always stick some type of retro coffee table photo book on top of the table runner! What ever you do it will look great!
ReplyDeleteI was just looking at your other pictures of your room...and your room has a lot of light colors because of the walls and white end tables. If you put some red on your end tables (NOT PAINT) it will tie it all in. Like a placemat type thing on the top of the end table..under the lamps...or a red picture frame or vase. Red is a tricky color because it draws the eye in. It can be balanced out by putting small red details in other places.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate!! I have extra fabric to make the mustard color table runner. I will do that if I end p liking the table later. If I keep it, then I will need to get some red on the end tables. My aunt suggested to stencil a red border on the top of the end tables. Not sure what I am going to do yet?? Thanks for the advice!!!
ReplyDelete