
RED. Red is the challenge word this week for the Shutterboo Weekly Photo Challenge. I procrastinated big time and did not start until today. I can say that each day I did try to find something red, but nothing stood out to me. So once I put Weston down for an afternoon nap, I brought out my liquid watercolors and clear glass bowl. I thought it would look cool dripping the watercolor into the water. I really was not impressed.

Then, of course, Weston woke up. 15 minute nap. That’s it. So I plopped him in the Jump N’Jive and laid some red ribbon on my white bench. I really do not like this picture, but I was playing around with the aperture.

A few days ago, I went to a photography class at Darden. They are just now starting a photography club. Man…. wish they started it last year!! Well, anyway we talked a lot about composition of photos. Dividing your photo into thirds (vertically and horizontally) and putting your subject in one of those areas is supposed to be pleasing to the eye. So these matches meet the “Rule of Thirds” criteria. I kind of like it. (I am obsessed with “thirds”. It seems like a lot of my photos I take of people are off to the side. My mom always says “I like this, but if it needs to be centered.” Grrrrr…)
I decided on this picture- a ketchup bottle. The red really pops with the wall background. Chad really liked this pic. I actually think I may frame it and display it in the kitchen once we move. We’ll see? Anyway… not sure why I cut out most of the bottle, but I'm digging it.


No comments:
Post a Comment