Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bibs and Burpcloths

Mondays are Chad’s long day at school. He usually does not come home until around 10pm. After tutoring and dinner, I headed over to JoAnne Fabrics. They are having a sale on their snuggly flannel fabric for only $2.99 a yard. They had so many cute prints. I just could not resist! I bought 7different prints. I purchased only 1/3 of a yard of most of the fabric which cost only $1 each! I also bought another yard of the terry cloth and used my 50% off coupon. This is what I made…

The burp cloths and bibs are super easy to make (especially for a beginner sewer like me). I had a little trouble with my sewing machine (as usual), but finally figured out it was the tension. So I had to re-sew over most of the burp cloths. What a pain! It is hard to pick a favorite, but I can say that I am in LOVE with the pirate bib! So cute! (Click on the picture to see a close up view)

The best thing is that all together I spent only $11 to make all of the burp cloths and bibs AND I have leftover fabric where I could make 2 more burp cloths and 1 more bib with each piece of fabric! So, $11 for 21 burp cloths and 14 bibs! So worth it!

Earlier this week, I also painted knobs for the baby’s closet doors. Over the summer, I went to Anthropologie to look for some neat knobs. I found blue polka dot knobs for $8 a piece. I could not see spending $16 for knobs. So I went to Lowes, found white ceramic knobs, painted polka dots, sprayed with sealer, DONE for $4!

1 comment:

  1. A hint from a long time sewer....it's always the tension!!! My favorite is the animals all are very cute and you will definitely get use out of them!

    ReplyDelete