Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Chad and I had a great weekend! On Friday, I subbed all day in an upper elementary classroom. Wow! Teaching children who are in 4th and 5th grade is SO different than teaching 4 and 5 year olds! There were times where I was actually sitting in peace and quiet and there were children in the room! I was able to sit! Sitting does not happen when you teach kindergarten or preschool. I really enjoyed teaching these kids. We had a great time figuring out math problems as a class and researching different mountains in the state of Washington. Anyway... after I got home on Friday, Chad and took the dogs for a quick walk and then we went to Panera for dinner (which I think I am sick of Panera).

On Saturday, Chad and I went to the Darden Cup Softball Game where each section competes. It is more of a first year event, but we did score points for Chad's section by just showing up. The weather was beautiful too! We took Norma. Everyone just loves her. She is pretty much Section E's mascot!! ;) Then, last night we enjoyed a game night with our friends at our house.

So.... my goal was to be productive on my days off. Here is what I accomplished:
Wednesday: I made the most adorable baby bibs! I bought cute Debbie Mumm blue polka dot fabric from JoAnnes and made Baby Rigdon his first bib! I appliqued the first letter of his name with brown and white polka dot fabric. In the picture, it looks like a square. I just covered it since we are trying to keep the name a secret! The other bibs I finished later on in the week. One is for a friend (of course Baby Rigdon will probably not want to wear pink). I love the bib with buttons and birds! It's so cute!! I got the bib template from the "homemade by jill" blog. CLICK HERE to see her bib tutorial.

Thursday: I went shopping! Not for myself, but for family! I bought some amazing things for my sisters and mom!!! I am finished my sister-in-law's Christmas present! I am hoping to be all finished Christmas shopping and wrapping presents by Thanksgiving so I can take it all home then. I know this is wishful thinking, but if the doc is right and I do go early, I would love to go home for Christmas. We will have a baby, 2 Saint Bernards, luggage, and gifts to take all in one car. So if I can take the gifts earlier, that will be a huge help! Plus, if we do not make it home for Christmas, the gifts will be there for everyone!

26 weeks today!

1 comment:

  1. You look good, cute blouse. Bibs are nice too, can never have enough! Why just Norma and no Pepper?

    ReplyDelete