Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day!


Yay! No school today! I am so glad I have another day to get things done around the house! This weekend, I drove home to Maryland for my nephew's birthday party. About two hours before the party, disaster struck! Snow, Snow, and more SNOW and NO HEAT! My poor sister and her husband got to the hall where the party was going to take place and the heat was not working. So I drove all around picking up space heaters and by the time I got there Melissa told me to go home. The circuits kept breaking and it would not allow the space heaters to go on.

Soooo..... it took about an hour to get home from the hall (which should only take 15 minutes). The snow was coming down so fast and laying on the roads. My tires are shot and I was sliding all over! Once we got to my mom's house, we were running around like crazy decorating, bringing up folding chairs from the basement, opening tables, taping up posters...

Melissa had invited over 60 people and about 70% of the people could not make it (could not blame them at all!! Dangerous out there!) The party still turned out great. Little Jayden had a great time with his new presents and yummy cake! Oh and of course the rocking chair I painted for him!

Now, I am home in Virginia. I need to get in my snowpants and take the pups for a walk. Ugh. We definatley got a lot more snow than Maryland. Probably about 9 inches. Today, I need to go grocery shopping, go to Patient First to get something for my cough, pick up my dad's birthday present, finish laundry, and plan for teaching this week. I also should be a nice wife and put away Chad's clothes that have been piling up for the past 3 weeks! Maybe I will??

No comments:

Post a Comment